Many of us always want to improve on some or other aspects of life. Fitness and healthy eating is one such subject where every one wants to improve because neglecting this particular aspect can undermine us at other places as well. Lack of energy or too much stress can distract us from work and relationships.
But with little bit of planning and organizing can help you to make positive and healthy changes to become fit and healthy for life.
- First of all take stock of your existing food and exercise habits and list all the positive changes which you want to make. Organize your kitchen to cut down on fattening food and portion control.
- Think about the triggers which cause overeating like some emotional turmoil, stress or such things and note them down in your food diary. Think about the alternate ways other than food to meet your emotional needs.
- Fail to plan is often the result of planning to fail properly. Write down your exercise likes and dislikes and your favourite exercise to maximize your chances to do it. Create a program and assign minimum 30 minutes daily in your schedule and stick to it.
- Accommodate your exercise program in your organizer just like any other activity and choose exercise that are which are convenient as the exercises which require a lot of expensive equipment or other such things may pose a barrier which you have to scale each time you exercise.
- Plan these exercise sessions into your planner, Google calendar, iPhone, Phone reminder or whatever you use.
- Create a list of your exercise supplies like
- Exercise cloths
- Water bottle
- Music player/ I-pod
- Exercise diary
- Exercise DVDs are few things to start with
Do not wait for motivation from outside, build your own motivation from inside from the things which comes from within you. Be prepared to the resistances and excuses and plan your strategies to tackle them before they surface and take hold.